Sunday, December 27, 2009

Farewell 2009


Farewell to 2009!
The beach is my favorite place on earth and I was lucky enough to visit two times in 2009. I usually make reservations at least a month in advance and count down the days until the trip. Once vacation is over, I leave with mixed emotions. I'm happy to be returning home to family, friends, and pets, but it's hard to leave the ocean. After numerous trips there with my husband over the last 14 years, it's kind of become "our" place. It's a magical place I'd like to live one day.
I approach saying farewell to 2009 in like manner. It was a good year. I spent a lot of time studying the craft of writing and reading. I finished writing three novels (a miracle in itself when you consider that I have a full-time job outside of writing. Maybe I'll blog one day about how I manage to get so much done). Two of my books will be published next year through Desert Breeze Publishing, a WWII romantic suspense in April and a romantic suspense in August, both in the inspirational category. That said, 2009 holds a special place in my heart just like the ocean. However, it's okay to leave it because I can't wait to see what happens next.

3 comments:

  1. The ocean is a magical, wonderful place, so I can understand why it so special to you. 2009 was a bittersweet year for me, starting out in January with a fantastic 10 day trip to Maui, to losing a job I loved because of chronic migraines in October & then one month later, finding a job in a new field that is fast becoming an unexpected treasure. God has been so good to me in so many ways, not only during 2009, but my entire life. It was hard to understand HIs plans when I lost my job, but I continued to pray for His guidance as I searched for a new job & went on interviews. I found reading not only my Bible, but Christian fiction, with its uplifting messages, helps me during good and bad times. I thank you for bringing new authors to light for my reading pleasure and am eagerly awaiting the chance to read your novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the beach getaways. I feel exactly the same way about any opportunity to head for the mountains. 8-)

    I love your enthusiastic attitude in looking forward to the new year. It's contagious.

    I for one would LOVE to see a post about how you manage to do the life thing and still write 3 novels. I'm the Queen of wheel spinners, or at least that's how it feels. It would be good to see time management from a different viewpoint. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach, too. We went to Outer Banks last summer for the first time so that was awesome. Hope 2010 is filled with blessings and happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...