Monday, January 25, 2010

Michelle Sutton's "First Impressions"

We're excited to have THE "edgy Christian fiction writer," Michelle Sutton with us talking about her new release from Desert Breeze Publishing, First Impressions: Tombstone Treasures Book One.

"Playing the role of a saloon girl taught Sammie Carpenter how to flirt, but it made a lousy first impression on Jimmy... the man whose heart she longed to win."

Click on the photo to the left to visit Michelle's publisher's website and learn more about this book. Read on to learn more about Michelle.

1) How did this story come to you?
It was the first story I ever wrote. I visited Tombstone when I first moved to the area where I now live (and have since returned numerous times) and loved the whole thing. I thought it would be fun to write about the private love lives of people who dress up in costumes and hang around in Tombstone on their time off.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Well, my publisher was looking for cowboy romances and I thought, "Hey, I have one!" Then I pulled it out and polished it up since I'd written the story over 5 years ago.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
My mother was a nun.
I graduated from high school a year early.
I have four grandchildren by marriage. My sons aren't old enough to be dads yet.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
Working on polishing up my next release for Sheaf House and also starting the sequel to First Impressions.

5) Parting comments?
Thanks for having me on your blog.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
www.michellesutton.net or http://edgyinspirationalauthor.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading the interview.

    This book is a nice change of pace for me; I look forward in reading it.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn and Michelle-
    Thanks for the interview.
    I have read "It's not about me," and really enjoyed the twists. My husband and I watch the detective type shows and try to guess 'who done it,' so I end up trying to guess where the story is going when I read.
    I look forward to reading "First Impressions." It will be neat to read 'the first story [you] ever wrote.'
    Kathy
    scrapkath@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the interview was very enjoyable.I also enjoy dective shows and books.Thank you. Ro agreatdayin2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...