Monday, July 12, 2010

Lyle A. Way's "Shades of Gray"


We're happy to have Lyle A. Way with us today talking about his book, Murder in Shades of Gray. To learn more about Lyle and his book, read on!

1) How did this story come to you?
The idea came to me one night when I couldn’t sleep. It seemed an obvious thriller, because people naturally write the elderly off as being unable to do anything. The story is about a murder syndicate where the assassins are all seniors with the theory that if they are found around the scene of the crime, the police will only want to get them out of the way, never thinking they might be the killer.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I pitched the book to publishers and agents at the Christian Writers Conference in Glorietta, New Mexico, and got good reviews. I had it edited by a professional editor and then started the onerous task of sending query letters. After 40 rejections, all saying the same thing, that the recession was not allowing publishers to take on new clients, I chose to self publish, which has worked very well for me while teaching me the importance of marketing.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. I was a deputy sheriff in Oregon many years ago, which gave me a love for police work.
2. I was the president of the largest retirement center in Lubbock for 22 years, which gave me an understanding of what seniors are really capable of doing.
3. I received a Bachelor of Theology degree at the age of 60 yrs.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I just finished a sea novel about a smuggler in the South China Seas, and am currently beginning work on a novel about a secret vigilante group bringing crooked politicians to justice.
5) Parting comments?
I love bringing exciting mystery/suspense novels to the Christian market where readers can enjoy a good thriller without being embarrassed by profanity, sexual scenes, or sickening gore. Each of my novels has the Lord Jesus appearing incognito, working with individuals as he has always done. All of my books give the way to finding God, in un-churchy terms.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?

14 comments:

  1. What an interesting story line.
    Thrillers are such great books to
    read...Thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love murder mysteries... would love to win and beable to read this

    ohboystrus1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting concept for a storyline. Would love to read this book. Please enter me.

    Blessings,
    Jo
    ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HMMM - sounds good.
    wsmarple/at/gmail/dot/com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on receiving your Bachelor's in Theology. :)


    gahome2mom/at/gmail/dot/com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these kind of stories.
    Please enter me.
    Trinity Rose

    wandaelaine at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea. Great storyline! :O)

    estrella8888@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy that the Lord has let me live long enough to be a senior citizen. I would love to win and read this book.
    Kaye Whitney
    kayewhitney@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. The books sounds great! I really enjoy a good mystery/thriller! Enter me please! Really enjoyed the interview. Looking forward to reading a good thriller without the gratuitous junk! Keep up the great writing!

    latawniakintz(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This books sounds intriguing....suspense, which I love to read. Enter me into the contest to win this book, please. Thank you.

    Linda Ortiz
    strgth4yu@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this book sounds great. I would love to win a copy and look forward to reading books that have a Christian theme in common language.
    HM (at) HVC (dot) RR (dot) COM . I pray God blesses you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an awesome book. I hope I win! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the chance. I am an e-mail subscriber.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have read this book...it is FANTASTIC. Lyle is an incredibly gifted author. I highly recommend it to all.

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...