Monday, September 6, 2010

Carie Lawson's "Beyond Summer"


We're happy to have Carie Lawson with us today talking about her ebook, Beyond Summer To learn more about Carie and her book, read on!

1) How did this story come to you?
The story evolved out of the hero's character. He was such a pushy guy, stubborn, maybe more than a little temperamental. Of course, he had to have the one woman he would despise on sight...as a learning exercise.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Because it is Insprational Romance, I was very skeptical about Beyond Summer being published at all because the hero is divorced and the story centers around the marriage Carly is escaping from. I was so thankful to find Desert Breeze as a home for it.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. My friends reading my books makes me ridiculously nervous.
2. I have four kids that I homeschool.
3. I went to Romania one summer with a missionary team and my soon to be husband. While we were there, I got to visit the "real" Dracula's castle.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I'm working on revisions for the third book in the Twisted Roots series, Beyond Ever After. It's Haven McCord's story about falling in love with her first crush, marrying him and getting to a place where she doesn't know if she can love him anymore.

5) Parting comments?
Thanks for having me today! It was a lot of fun and I hope whoever wins the free copy enjoys it.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
I have a website, http://www.carielawsonbooks.com/ and a facebook page, Carie Lawson books.

7 comments:

  1. Inspirational romance is one of my most
    favorite genres...
    Thanks, Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow home educator! What a rewarding thing you are doing. This time of year makes me miss those days.

    I've not read the first of this series so I'm going to have to back up and read it. Thanks for doing the interview.

    Brandi
    vi2005@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the chance to read this novel :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a subscriber. Love to win. thanks
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a subscriber for a while now. I like the fact that Carie is approaching subjects that are found in every day life. Being a Christian does not always equal a life without challenges. Please sign me up - I love ebooks!
    Deborah M.
    debbiejeanm[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the chance!

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...