Summer Dream. To learn more about Martha and her book, read on!
Title: Summer Dream
Publisher: Realms Fiction of Charisma House.
Cover blurb: A bitter southerner, bound by his past, meets a stubborn Christian girl and finds hope for the future.
1) How did this story come to you?
I read about the great blizzard of 1888 in New England and decided I had to write a story with the storm in it. The storm plays a pivotal part in the hero’s life. History called it “The Great White Hurricane” and it happened in March of that year.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
It came about because of the success of the books in my first series. They asked me to do a second series of four books.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1) I was in nurses training at Baylor University before I switched to Home Economics. I became ill and couldn’t handle the long hours of nursing classes and hospital rotations.
2) I was an editor for our high school newspaper and wrote a “gossip” column called “Around the Halls
3) I was working on my doctorate degree in education when I decided to quit and spend more time with pursuing writing.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m in the middle of second series and working on Book 3, Winter Promise
5) Parting comments?
I’m really excited about my new series and hope my readers will like it as much as they did Winds Across the Prairie series.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?