Monday, December 5, 2011
Margaret Daley's "His Holiday Family"
Title: His Holiday Family
Publisher: Love Inspired
Cover blurb: When Hurricane Naomi tears through a small Mississippi town, a daring rescue unites two heroes. Nurse Kathleen Hart is a single mom racked by guilt over her husband's death. Firefighter Gideon O'Brien—orphaned as a young boy—has lost too many people he cared for. To rise above the storm's devastation, Gideon helps Kathleen and her sons rebuild their home. As Christmas approaches, they discover that even the strongest of storms can't destroy a romance built on the foundation of faith.
1) How did this story come to you?
I used to live on Mississippi Gulf Coast and wanted to honor the people who rebuild after a disaster like a hurricane. They do an amazing job. They are heroes.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
My publisher asked me to do a Love Inspired series, and this is what I came up with. His Holiday Family is the first in A Town Called Hope Series. The second one is in April, 2012 called A Love Rekindled and the third one is out in September, 2012 called A Mom’s Fresh Start.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1) I love to read and haven’t read a book in four months for pleasure.
2) I don’t want any present for Christmas.
3) I can’t think of a third thing that would surprise my readers--I’m an open book.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m working on my third in the Men of the Texas Rangers Series for Abingdon Press. These books are a romantic suspense (contemporary). This third book called Scorned Justice should be out in August 2013 and is about revenge. The first book in the series will be out in March 2012 and it is called Saving Hope, followed by the second one, Shattered Silence in August 2012.
5) Parting comments?
I love hearing from my readers. You can email me from my website. There is a contact form.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?