Monday, August 27, 2012

Lillian Duncan's "Dark Alleys"



Title: DARK ALLEYS
Cover blurb: Being innocent and proving it are two different things, especially when a powerful politician is involved Tessa’s life spiraled out of control and she finds herself in a dark alley on a cold wintry night. After she witnesses a murder, she almost becomes his second victim, but manages to escape—just barely.

Homeless and alone, she knows the authorities won’t believe someone like her, leaving her only one option—to run.

1) How did this story come to you?
It all started with one little phrase-the tituals of death. Those words kept knocking around in my head so I started writing and eventually they led to DARK ALLEYS.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Well...glad you asked that question. My Christian publisher thought it wasn’t Christian enough and a secular publisher thought it was too Christian! Both thought it was a good story and gave me suggestions on how to “fix it.” The problem was if I fixed it, it changed the message in the story and that was the message I wanted my readers to “get.” Sooo...that’s why I decided to self-publish it.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. I’m very, very short! 4’ 8”. And believe me that makes for some interesting situations!
2. I love to watch TV! That’s right and I’m not ashamed to admit it!
3. I hate commas! I would prefer to write without them, but I know I can’t.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I have a Christmas-themed novella being released in November-THE CHRISTMAS STALKING. I’m in the process of final edits with it as well as starting on a few new stories.

5) Parting comments?
I want to thank you for letting me be a guest on your blog.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My website is www.lillianduncan.net  and I have a devotional blog at www.PowerUpWithGod.com  I’m also on Twitter as @LillianDuncan and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lillian.k.duncan

8 comments:

  1. thank you fornthe opportunity to win Dark Alleys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, Lillian. I love the way your write suspense! I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good interview! I always like getting to know new authors to me. This books sounds like a good read and one I would enjoy! Thank you for the opportunity to win a copy of Lillian's book.
    Blessings,

    Lori
    triplel(at)evertek(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this sounds like a great book. I am in a similar situation with a book that doesn't quite fit the secular market as my memoir leads to healing through salvation, but is too graphic for the Christian market as I describe abuse in detail and also my time spent in the occult. I'm not sure I will find a home for my book. I can relate to being asked to change things. For what it's worth, my pastor's wife suggests writing it out in detail as it is helpful to Christians and would show them things that they may not know and thus help them minister to others who are hurting. I'm adding your book to my wish list. Have a blessed day.

    HM at HVC dot RR dot COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read this. rdunson at knology dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds interesting and like one that I would like to read. Thank you for the opportunity!

    Blessings,
    Jo
    azladijo(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting what sounds like a great book. I would love to win a copy. Thank you.

    Shirley Quam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the interview, it was great. I read on facebook that God stops when we are perfect, that is why some of us are shorter than others, I like to think that is true. I would love to win a copy it sounds intriging. God bless you both.

    Glenda Parker
    parker.glenda@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...